Friday, January 15, 2010
I'm Sad
I was tempted to just wallow in self-pity by myself today, but then I remembered that this is what the blog is for. Days like today when the sun is shining and my wonderfully family is happy and healthy, but I am so sad I can barely stand it. At the risk of being perceived as a fruit cake or a basket case, or whatever, I am reaching out and saying it is hard being a girl sometimes. Sadness creeps up on us, followed by pain and regret and frustration. Feelings that provoke thoughts that rage in my heart and poke at my mind. Emotions whispering and shouting, and each time I turn around they become silent, which makes me feel more crazy. AM I ALONE? Or do I just feel alone. Even if it is just a feeling why is it so hard to believe anything but what I feel. Deep breaths, a nap, some chocolate. I'm pretty sure Anne of Green Gables put it best, "I'm in the depths of despair!" she would cry then burry her head in the pillow. I may not be a teenager anymore, but my heart doesn't seem to realize that today...I think I hear my pillow calling.
2 comments:
Do I ever know EXACTLY what you're talking about! Until I met you, I thought I was a little crazy and then I knew that it was ok to feel a little sad sometimes (esp. when you shouldn't) and that it's just our hormones hard at work making us crazy people. I hope that your breaths/nap/chocolate made it better. Mine usually includes being really nasty to my husband... which is not good. Maybe we should find a good verse about joy and put it in a drawer. Then when we feel the sadness we can meditate into our pillows on it. Think that would work?
I really like this idea. I think I will do it.
Post a Comment